Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Graduation

So, exactly 5 years ago today I graduated from high school. It is interesting to think about all that has happened in the last 5 years! The jobs I've had, the friends I've made, the dates I went on, how I met my husband, the emotional ups and downs I've passed through.

Over the last 5 years I have had many experiences where I can see that the Lord is trying to teach me patience. Let's be honest, patience is a HARD lesson to learn!! It's not fun to know, so strongly, what you are supposed to do, and then sit back and trust in the Lord as he shows you a different path. Some of those growing experiences were truly wonderful! Like preparing for a mission, and meeting my sweet Eternal Companion instead. Other lessons have been hard and painful. But, I made it through them, just like the Lord knew I could. That makes me feel better, to know that I am making it through the trials I am given. "The deepest part of You is where I wan to stay, and feel the sharpest edges wash away." - River God by Mindy Gledhill. I am grateful for the growth I have made in these life determining years.


I was thinking, today at work, about how happy I am in my life five years after high school. I am married, for time and all eternity, to the most wonderful man! We are expecting our first Beautiful Baby Girl! Her name will be Cambria Siobhan Dalton. We are sooo excited! Only 13 weeks left! I have a beautiful home with nice things. I have a wonderful, fully functioning car! I have a great job. I know the blessings don't stop there.

One thing I wish I had accomplished in the last 5 years, is gaining my Bachelors Degree. It is still in progress, and I am determined to get it. It may be slow going, but I know an education is important. That is a major piece of life I'd like to continue to improve upon.

2 comments:

  1. I don't mean to brag, but my life is better. :)
    I'm calling you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww I got all teary eyed. Then again, I teared up watching the Folgers commercial on tv this morning... maybe its just hormones :) We miss you guys so much. I wanna come home and rub your belly and talk to Pax's future girlfriend. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete