The most adorable thing about Cambria's cry
This Video was taken when Cambria was two weeks old:
At this time, Cambria's cry was so adorable! When she was upset she had a "ngWaaaa!!" cry. The 'ng' part is like the throat sound that you say in the word sing or hanger. Then, you knew when she was really ticked because she made the most adorable pigeon cry. In the video I waited a while for her to do it, but she never did. As she got a little older, it became clear that the pigeon noise was the beginnings of Cambria losing her voice. Just another thing she gets from daddy! When she screams for more than a minute, she starts to lose her voice. Unfortunately as she grew a little older, the pigeon cry went away. I really wish had tried harder to get it on camera. Darn!
When she is especially angry and screams for more than 2 minutes, she chokes herself. I HATE when she does this. It generally only happens when we are driving to and from Nonnie's house and she wants out of her car seat. It does occasionally happen at home. This video was taken when Cambria was one month old. You can witness the very ticked Cambria! She does get to the point of choking herself but I stop recording immediately and sooth her so it is cut off! Please don't judge me. The cries were just so cute!
Now the crying is cute for the first like 3 minutes, 5 tops. If I can't calm her down after that point I really struggle. It does hurt your heart to hear a baby crying the last 15 minutes of your driving trip with no way to make her happy. I have tried singing the ABC's and I am a Child of God at the top of my lungs many times. If she starts choking herself and will not calm down, I have been known to get off the freeway mid-trip and feed her to make her happy. I try telling her over and over again "we're almost there! You're doing so great! We are 5 minutes away!" Of course all of these things mean absolutely nothing to baby! All she knows is she's still in the stupid car seat and she really doesn't want to be.
Cambria, Mommy and Daddy think you are the most wonderful thing in our lives! We try everyday to make you smile and giggle! It brings us more happiness than you know to watch you grow! We love you, special girl!


I couldn't get the videos to work, oh well, I am sure her cry was adorable. Mia would cry in the car too. We started playing rap music and she would totally listen too it and stop crying, it was so funny. Even though I don't like rap, I would rather hear that rather than her screaming. Anyway Cambria is adorable and I am so glad you guys are doing good. I am so glad you blog I feel so much more connected to people through blogging! Love ya Meg!
ReplyDeleteYou are sadistic. Also, she cries because you refuse to put clothes on her.
ReplyDelete