Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cambria is a ROLLING Girl!!!!!

Tonight Cambria rolled over for the first time! She has been able to go from her tummy to her back for a quite a while now. This started because, like most two-month-olds, Cambria hated Tummy Time! She learned to pull her elbows underneath her and roll onto her back. For the last three weeks we have been practicing rolling onto her tummy by helping push her shoulder forward while she is laying on her side.


TONIGHT our efforts proved effective!! Craig put Cambria down on her back with stuff to play with, then came to sit by me. When we looked up, Cambria was laying on her Tummy paying with her toys!! Craig said, "Um, I set her down on her back." I told him that he couldn't have put her on her back because she does not know how to roll that way. That's right! Mommy underestimated Cambria! Criag jumped up and put her back onto her back. Then we watched. We sat silently for a moment, the before we knew it, she rolled onto her tummy!! She is such a strong girl!! This picture was taken just after she rolled the second time!

Now, when Brittney first started watching Cambria, I told her that one of the hardest things for me to face was that I may not be there to see the first time she passes these great milestones. This made me so sad! I want to be there to help her and encourage her foe everything! Brittney and I decided that if Cambria does pass a milestone at Brittney's she just won't tell me about it. We decided that I'd tell her when Cambria takes her first step or says her first word! Not the other way around! Based on her struggle to turn over tonight, I think it really was the first time she rolled onto her tummy! She did such an amazing job and is such a strong baby!! I'm so excited to tell Britney about it tomorrow!!

5 comments:

  1. What a strong little girl! She'll be crawling before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is huge and adorable! i cant believe it has been so long already. can she be any cuter? gosh megan, how i miss you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready for some more pics of Cambria! :)

    ReplyDelete